Hemorrhoid and Anorectal Diseases Unit of Acıbadem Healthcare Group deals with diagnosis and treatment of many gastrointestinal diseases, ranging from hemorrhoid to cancer, through a holistic approach.
Multidisciplinary approach is adopted for diagnosis and treatment services available for patients. Diagnosis and treatment are planned according to general guidelines or personalized diagnosis and treatment are decided by a council of physicians from more than one department who act in cooperation.
Patients who present to Hemorrhoid and Anorectal Diseases Unit, which deals with a wide range of diseases, including but not limited hemorrhoid, constipation, anal fissure, anal itching, gas and stool incontinence, intestinal hernia, pilonidal sinus, anal and perianal warts and pelvic pain and dysfunctions, are primarily examined by gastroenterologists or general surgeons who specialize in proctocology.
Diagnostic devices are available that are used for diagnosis of numerous proctologic diseases. Diseases are diagnosed in a shorter period of time using devices, materials and techniques, such as anorectal ultrasound, colon transit time, defacography, anorectal manometry and other anorectal physiology tests, balloon expulsion test and specialized double-contrast barium enema.
Hemorrhoid and Anorectal Diseases Unit provides diagnosis and treatment service through a multidisciplinary approach. Bowel disorders may originate from various diseases, including many extraintestinal diseases, and therefore, a council of physicians from relevant departments discusses the cases.
This council consists of physicians from gastroenterology, radiology, psychiatry, nutrition and dietetics, psychology, urology, gynecology and obstetrics and physical medicine and rehabilitation clinics.
These specialists discuss diagnosis and treatment of patients and exchange information on detection of disease and treatment methods; finally, a consensus is reached about diagnosis and treatment approach that meets needs of the patient. Thus, most appropriate method is selected for the patient and treatment is started.
Hemorrhoid and Anorectal Diseases Unit is founded in a special area where all relevant units are gathered. Patients are provided diagnosis and treatment services in a single point of care without need to visit more than one department.
Patient safety is prioritized while well equipped areas are designed for various diagnosis and treatment methods, such as operating theaters, intensive care units and advanced radiology department.
Diagnosis and Treatment Methods
Medical devices are available that are used to establish diagnosis of various diseases in the field of proctology. Diseases are diagnosed in a shorter period of time using numerous devices, materials and techniques, such as anorectal ultrasound, colon transit time, defacography, anorectal manometry and other anorectal physiology tests, balloon expulsion test and specialized double-contrast barium enema.
Moreover, disease-specific non-surgical treatments are performed, as verbal or computer-assisted biofeedback (re-training of bowels), sacral or percutaneous tibial nerve stimulation and rectal and anal irrigation, and patients are educated.
Anorectal diseases, also called proctocologic diseases, are at the top of health problems which are recently mentioned in our country. Anorectal diseases begin in intestines.
This field deals with diagnosis and treatment of health problems that begin in intestines, which are addressed in three parts; colon, rectum (the terminal segment of colon close to the anus) and anal canal.
There are many diseases that fall into areas of focus in Anorectal Diseases unit. It deals with a group of diseases that vary in terms of symptoms and treatment approaches, ranging from hemorrhoid and anal fissure to cancers and rectocele.
These diseases have only a single thing in common; they all occur in intestines. Therefore, a multidisciplinary approach is necessary in treatment and diagnosis of anorectal diseases. Hence, cooperation of many departments, including but not limited to gastroenterology, general surgery, dietetics and psychology, is a must.
A Long and Complex Organ; Intestines
Patients Abstain from Visiting a Doctor
Diseases Diagnosed and Treated
- Anal fissure
- Perianal fistula and abscess
- Anal Pruritus
- Anal Incontinence (Gas and Fecal Incontinence)
- Rectocele (Intestinal Hernia)
- Pilonidal sinus (ingrown hair),
- Pelvic Pain and Dysfunctions.
- Anal / Perianal Warts
- Colorectal Cancers (Cancers in colon and rectum)
- Stoma problems (hernia, prolapse, stenosis, bleeding)
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBS-Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis)
- Retrorectal (Presacral) Mass Lesions
Dr. Şinasi Can (Kadıköy) Hospital
Etiler Outpatient Clinic
- Prof. BİLGİ BACA, M.D. General Surgery
- Prof. CİHAN URAS, M.D. General Surgery
- Prof. HİLAL ÜNAL, M.D. General Surgery
- Prof. İSMAİL HAMZAOĞLU, M.D. General Surgery
- Prof. MELİH PAKSOY, M.D. General Surgery
- Prof. METİN ERTEM, M.D. General Surgery
- Prof. NİHAT YAVUZ, M.D. Gastroenterology and Coloproctologic Surgery
- Prof. TAMER KARŞIDAĞ, M.D. General Surgery
- Prof. TAYFUN KARAHASANOĞLU, M.D. General Surgery
- Assoc. Prof. AFAG AGHAYEVA, M.D. General Surgery
- Assoc. Prof. DENİZ ATASOY, M.D. General Surgery
- Assoc. Prof. ERMAN AYTAÇ, M.D. Gastroenterology and Coloproctologic Surgery
- Assoc. Prof. İSMAİL AHMET BİLGİN, M.D. General Surgery
- Assoc. Prof. SUNA YAPALI, M.D. Endoscopy
- Assist. Prof. ÖZDAL ERSOY, M.D. Endoscopy
- CAHİDE İNCİ ŞAHİN, M.D. General Surgery
- HÜSEYİN GÜNEY, M.D. General Surgery
- SIRRI ÖZKAN, M.D. General Surgery
- TUNA YILDIRIM, M.D. General Surgery